Serving Vallejo, Solano, Napa, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
Probate is the legal process around the administration and distribution of the estate of a deceased person (or "decedent"). It is administered under the jurisdiction of probate courts.
When a loved one passes, it is a difficult and emotional time. Handling the affairs of your loved one can make things even more difficult and complicated.
When you are unsure of what to do or how to handle the deceased's affairs, call attorney Robert McConnell. In his 30 plus years of practice, attorney McConnell has handled many probate cases where the deceased did or did not leave a will. Mr. McConnell has compassion for those navigating these situations in their time of loss. He is a true counselor with great patience and understanding.
Mr. McConnell can help you through the probate process in the following ways:
- By helping to clarify the roles and responsibilities of the executor or administrator of the estate.
- By helping to determine the value of the estate.
- By guiding you through the maze of legalities and bureaucracy that may stand in the way of obtaining death benefits.
- By providing direction on how to resolve any remaining tax issues.
- By helping to protect assets of the estate.
Attorney McConnell offers free probate consultations. For your consultation, please bring a copy of the will if available. There is also a one page form that you may download, complete, and bring with you. Click here to download PDF. You may also choose to complete the form when you come to your appointment.
The highly competent McConnell Law office staff is available to help you. You may be assured that we will do everything in our power to make your will or probate experience as seamless as possible. We look forward to your call.